Find out how I painted this old secondhand $10 dresser


I needed a credenza for a salon space I was working on and came across this dresser that was the perfect size.
I loved the design and the quality of the wood was amazing, a very heavy nice sturdy piece of furniture.
So I decided to buy it because I knew I could refinish it and make a unique piece for this space.
This was my first time painting wood furniture but I knew with a little bit of homework (youtube videos) I could figure it out.
So I searched online for pictures of painted dressers and decided to paint this turquoise with touches of silver.
This was my color swatch and most of the supplies I used

  • Paint trey with plastic liner
  • Paint roller
  • Paint brush
  • Small Paint roller
  • Printer for wood surface
  • Gallon Paint color [acrylic}
  • Polycrylic for high gloss
  • Silver spray paint
  • AND TIME!!!
So here she is…Old 19 something wood dresser


I had to sand out this deep scrape out of the top (this was the only sanding)


Then I removed all of the drawers, Cleaned each one with light soap and water and let them dry


 I didn't want to sand this whole dresser so I just primed and started the painting process…

Now all primed!! It's starting to come together!! That took all day
I applied 2 coats letting each coat dry at least 3 hours

Now it's paint time!!!
I applied 3 coats of paint just to make sure the coats were even and no primer was coming through.


One of the handles was missing and the other one was broken. So I had to find a place that sold antique drawer pulls.









And then there was Liz Antiques on LaBrea… This place is amazing. The y have Vintage drawer pulls for everything!! I didn't want to spend too much so They directed me to the back lower cabinet that had inexpensive pulls. I spent $6 a pull plus tax!!





I spray painted the pulls a silver 


So since the pulls were the wrong size I had to drill new holes into the top two drawers
 {yay for me!! Electric Tools}


Once it was completely dry I spray painted the bottom silver and added the high gloss polycrylic 

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!! 
THANK You for keeping up with My Style & My Vibe